A swing and a miss....

Monday, April 30, 2007

Well, maybe that's not quite fair. 1 for 2?

I made chicken with black olive butter today, and you could really only fairly call it "incredibly boring"

After mixing together black olives, lemon juice, room temperature butter, and italian parsley and smothering skinned chicken breasts with it, I broiled the chicken, sprinkled with thyme, rosemary, and black pepper, 8 inches from the heat for about 20 minutes. Then topped with a little more of the aforementioned chilled herb butter. Borrrrrrring.

On the bright side, today began my experimentation with re-creating the moon dusted potatoes from the Flying Biscuit. I diced potatoes and cooked them over high heat in a non-stick skillet with just a dash of olive oil. My first version of moon dust consisted solely of the stuff I can tell is part of the original: rubbed thyme, paprika, salt, pepper, and cumin. Attempt #1 turned out fantastic, but not identical to the ones in the store. More moon-dusting experiments to come...

0 comments