My Easter Brunch

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Yesterday, one of my roommates made an egg and cheese "biscuit" (actually, on a hamburger bun). Nonetheless, it reminded me of a fantastic breakfast food I haven't had in quite a minute, so I woke up this wonderful Easter morning craving a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit.

One problem: no biscuits.

I could steal one of the roommates' hamburger buns. Or I could make it on some of the sub bread I have here. But sheesh, all my bread is whole wheat, and a hamburger bun just doesn't seem right. I could make biscuits from scratch? Yikes, no baking powder. Or buttermilk. I'm not going ANYWHERE right now.

But I do have a tortilla.

Preheated the oven to 300, and warmed up my tortilla while I was cooking some heavily whisked eggs+milk over medium-low heat (I was going for more of an omelette feel than a scrambled feel). Three slices of bacon, and some cheese gave me the setup for a yummy breakfast burrito.

Rolled it up, tossed it in the oven for five minutes, and got my food on.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." -John 3:16

“For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!”- Romans 5:10

Happy Easter, everyone :-)

0 comments