Impromptu Stir Fry Entertaining

Saturday, April 21, 2007

I knew that 20 pound bag of potatoes from Costco would come in handy.

So I come home and my roommate has some friends over. I'm hungry, and thinking about putting a little something together for me. But hey, why not cook for everyone?

Who else thinks like this?

Of course, I haven't shopped for entertaining, so I can only work with what I've got on hand. Oh, and one of the girls is super-calorie conscious, so the deep frying has to be held to a minimum (notice I said "minimum" and not "nonexistent")

Some frozen chicken breasts, snow peas, carrots, and potatoes.

Yikes.

Stir fry+french fries was the only thing that made sense to me. I don't even remember what I used, except I stayed mild. The only interesting things about this dish were the fresh cilantro added at the end, which I've decided I LOVE in a stir fry. It adds this freshness to the stir fry that totally changes the final product. And a bit of finely grated parmesan at the end.


0 comments