Packs a Wallop!

Monday, April 23, 2007

I loved the title of this recipe when I first stumbled across it on recipezaar a couple of years ago. And "packs a wallop" is right. This ish is SPICY. I don't even know why it took so long for me to make this again, cause it's a fantastic stew. Thick, hearty, spicy. I'd make it if I were you. It's got a great thickening method: cooking potatoes, carrots, and bell peppers in beef broth, pureeing them with a great mixture of spices, and then adding more veggies and the beef, letting them slowly cook, and getting my food on. Kinda makes me wonder how it would be in a crock pot. Speaking of which, I brought a crock pot a month ago and haven't used it. Anyone have any ideas?



Oh, and I tried another slice of that pie. Worked out quite a bit better this time. So by "chill for several hours" they actually meant "24." Jack Bauer wouldn't have made that mistake.




1 comment

AK said...

Next time you make chocolate peanut butter pie you should remember that you have a friend who loves all things chocolate and peanut butter...

Will travel for food.

April 24, 2007 at 6:12 PM