2 out of 3 ain't bad....

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Three completely and totally unrelated foods on the menu today.

It's a Sunday afternoon--what else would I do?

So first and foremost, a chocolate peanut butter pie that I've been craving for days. But this is no ordinary chocolate peanut butter pie. This one has.....

Tofu.

Yeah, no joke. Tofu+peanut butter, chocolate, vanilla, and sugar. All into my brand new sexy food processor. Wait, did I just call my food processor sexy? It's been way too long--might need to see a therapist about that one.

Anyway, the recipe only says to let it chill for "several" hours so after about three hours I tried to cut a slice. It didn't turn out so well...



I'll let you know tomorrow if it settles a bit more. On the plus side, the taste is fantastic, but I'm still going to see if this is the first big failure of my DC cooking.

The rest of the day went a bit better. I made my first DC batch of my barbeque sauce. No recipes here though, kids. This one's under wraps in case Caren (aka CK aka DJ Dirty Red) can ever hook a brother up with a bottler or a distributor.

So if any distributors are reading, callllll me!

Oh, and no pictures because honestly, who wants pictures of barbeque sauce?

Finally, my Kung Pao Chicken (with variations) kept me satisfied late into the night.



I don't really like roasted peanuts so I dropped those and replaced with celery, water chestnuts, and baby corn. Plus some soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, thai chili paste, and crushed red peppers. Dinner+Lunch. I got my SERIOUS food on.

Oh, and by the way, my roommate ain't no joke either. Check him out:

1 comment

Caren (CK) said...

Give me a few months (and a few more bottles of whiskey to liquor up my business contacts) and I'll get you that bottling deal :)

April 26, 2007 at 10:26 AM