Wings!

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Since I discovered the phenomenal combination of bleu cheese dressing and hot wings during my early days in college, very few things have given me as much pure happiness on so many different occasions and in so many different venues.

From Hooters (no, seriously though, they really do have good wings--I'll get them for take-out) to hole in the wall spots in South Atlanta, to Chili's....

Ok, Chili's wings don't really belong--but when it's one of the best things on a mediocre menu that you have to serve to people for hours at a time....

I haven't found much in the way of good wings in DC since I've been up here, so there was really only one option. Make them yourself.

I deep fried my wings for about ten minutes and tossed them in a mixture of frank's hot sauce and butter...about 50/50...that I heated along with a quarter of a minced habanero. If replicating at home, I'd leave out the habanero unless you love you some spice. Decided to mix it up and serve with some sliced yellow bell pepper instead of the traditional celery sticks. Great choices, all around. 15 minutes, and I had a phenomenal dinner. Beat that, Rachael Ray.

2 comments

Anonymous said...

Tahir, you may not remember this, but you and I discovered hot wings, when we were living in Tampa, no one could believe a 2 year old could eat spicy wings like you did! (mom)

June 14, 2007 at 12:36 PM
Unknown said...

DC Wings:
CLUCK-U!
Capitol Lounge
Glory Days

June 20, 2007 at 4:45 PM