Cherry Infused Honey Balsamic Chicken

Monday, June 4, 2007

Wanted to get a little experimental tonight, so I mixed together some of my favorite flavors in the hope that they would work. And I think they did, but not quite sufficiently. Missing a little something....

I started by sauteeing some mini chicken breast strips--about four breasts worth, cause I wanted leftovers--in olive oil with salt, thyme, and pepper to taste. Set aside the chicken and added equal parts honey and balsamic vinegar to the skillet....about three tablespoons of each....and scraped the bottom of the pot. While stirring, I added four cherries that I had pitted and crushed with a mortar and pestle. After simmering just a few minutes, I tossed the chicken in the sauce and served it over julienned celery and red bell pepper. I paired it up with some steamed broccoli sprinkled with lemon juice and parmesan and some more fresh red cherries.

The flavor of the sauce was good; it just wasn't thick enough or substantive enough for my tastes. I definitely don't want to toss the concept, so I'll look to find a way to thicken the sauce and go from there.

0 comments