10 Bottles of Wine On the Wall...

Wednesday, June 3, 2009




Isn't that a thing of beauty? A few weeks back, Metrocurean noted that a wine bar in Rosslyn, apparently just minutes from my house, was closing down and offering 40% off of full cases of wine. Nagzah and CLurie were in town, so they got a bottle apiece and I got...ten.  Combined with three bottles of Rosé I got at one of my oft-attended Food Matters wine tastings, I get the feeling I'll be set on wine for a few more days. I kid. ThirteenTwelve bottles of wine should last me at least another week or so.

In any case, I think I'll chronicle my trip through these wines.  There's a wide variety in country, region, grape, and price point here, so it sounds like fun. Let's start with this one.



This is a 2006 Chateau de Lascaux from the Coteaux du Languedoc region of France. It's a big wine, both in aroma and in the mouth, with strong notes of chocolate and cherry, very light acidity, and strong tannins.  It was listed at $18.99, which means I got it for about $12.  A very good wine, but one that pairs better with food than without.  I'd definitely pick it up again.

1 comment

Al said...

re: 10 bottles of wine on the wall. Elitist.

June 4, 2009 at 12:34 PM