Yeah, Yeah, I Know....

Monday, July 30, 2007

It has been a full month since my last post. Totally unacceptable. Especially since, in that month, I've made some super interesting and tasty foods, including but not limited to:

  • an experiment with fried mashed potatoes that has serious serious potential
  • shrimp tempura maki
  • Steak au poivre with a portobello mushroom and onion sauce (three times)
  • my cedar plank salmon, complete with actual recipe
  • fried bell pepper with mozarella and pico de gallo
  • a wonderful batch of garlic mashed potatoes
  • Spicy Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin
  • and of course, our southern food night on July 4: Fried Green Tomatoes Oscar, Southern Fried Catfish, Collard Greens, Baked Garlic Cheese Grits, Tangy Green Bean Salad, Cornbread, and Peach Cobbler
So why the random hiatus? A couple of things, actually--the first being the death of my digital camera (Get him one for his birthday!) What? Who said that?? Anyway...

Yes, my digital camera went caput sometime post July 4 and before I tried to blog about July 4. And I realized that a good portion of why I love blogging about my food is getting to look back and take pictures.

Also, my facebook feed broke--the one that pulled all my posts from Blogger directly into facebook. My detailed studies (read random guesses) indicate that most of you read these posts when they pop up on facebook. And since they won't anymore, blech.

But I'm over all that silliness and back on the blog...er...block. Didn't you miss my nerd puns?

I also finished my audition video and application for Next Food Network Star. It's up on myspace. Or right here: Check out this video: NFNS 3 submission videos



Add to My Profile | More Videos

I'm about 90% happy with it. I wish I had danced more. But of course, can't I say that about my life in general?

So theoretically, if these Food Network folks WERE interested, they said they would need 30 original recipes immediately. I think this is an interesting project for me in general. So I'm gonna get to work on compiling 30 original recipes.

Hm. Does Nouveau Shrimp Cocktail count as 1 or 4?

2 comments

AK said...

30 recipes huh?

1. Nouveau shrimp cocktail #1
2. Nouveau shrimp cocktail #2
3. Nouveau shrimp cocktail #3
4. Nouveau shrimp cocktail #4
5. Thai hot and sour soup
6. Anything with your barbecue sauce....
7. The steak with the cognac cream sauce we had to celebrate new job
8. Chocolate yeast bread
9. Peanut butter pie
10. Tequila marinated grilled chicken
11. Lime chicken vinaigrette
12. The lamb chops
13. Fried catfish
14. The crab stuffed bacon wrapped shrimp
15. The really yummy Caesar salad with the baked curls of parm...

You're halfway there...

July 30, 2007 at 4:31 PM
GMa said...

I love the video, and I hope to see more. That salmon recipe sounds sumptious. I must try it. You've yet to come up to my sweet potatoe pies and peach cobbler, however.
GMa

August 2, 2007 at 11:31 AM